|Created by Willems Davy
What is it
Sokoban GP2X is a remake of the classic Sokoban game. You as the player need to push boxes to specific locations in the level. Once all boxes are pushed to the correct spots the level is finished. Sokoban GP2X is basically a Sokoban engine, it contains all the game rules and has the ability to use level packs. It's possible to create the level packs directly in the game using the built in Level editor. Each level pack can also have customized graphics and menu colors. The game engine also has an undo system up to 1000 moves, and have custom 25 mod or ogg music files loaded up.
What Has Changed Since The Previous Release
- Added a simple hack to increase the screen size to 640x480 (graphics didn't change)
- Changed the detection when a level is finished (part of the bug below)
- Changed the level editors rules so that u can't put less blocks than spots and that at least one empty spot has to be availible in order to play / save the level. U can have more blocks then spots now, this could generate some new style of puzzles.
- Added a simple hack to counter act the AZERTY / QWERTY Problem which occur on some computers Io the reverting of QWERTY keyboards to AZERTY keyboards and vice versa.
- Added 183 new levels in the "Sever Sokoban" level pack with the levels from Erim Sever From Turkey
- Fixed the ogg's not playing problems, ogg music now works
- Compiled with a fresh new development kit which includes the latest SDL as a result the weird dll names for the runtime packages have gone, you can use the normal runtime dll's now.
How to play
If you never played sokoban or you are not good at it i suggest you start with the pimpernel or shove it level pack
Sokoban GP2X Will start up at a main menu, here you can choose the level pack you wish to edit or play. by using left an right when the level pack name is selected (it's between "<>" signs). When a level pack is loaded either for game play or level editing, the level selector will show up. Here you select what level you wish to edit or play, if it's been unlocked yet. After you solved a level one extra level will be unlocked. you always have to solve to last unlocked level in order to unlock the next one.
Sokoban GP2X Can play up to 25 music files you choose yourself. you just have to copy either a .mod or .ogg file to the music directory and the game will use the music in the game. You can also delete or replace the original music files except for title.mod this file is needed for the game.
If you wish to create levels yourself ,load up the level editor and create a new level pack. you choose a name by using up down left right and confirm the name by using A. There is a space sign included decrease the selected sign to go to it. Once a new level pack has been created you can then load it, and you will be in the level selector. just press Y and start creating your own levels. The level editor will know when a level has been changed, so it will ask you, if you want to save whenever you quit back to the level selector (using select). The level editor will also automatically choose a filename for the levels, you don't need to worry about this. You can change the graphics used in your level pack by copying the files from the graphics folder to your level pack folder in the level packs directory, and edit them to your liking. It's not necessary to copy over all graphics, if you just wish to change the title screen, then make sure there only exists a titlescreen.png graphics file in your level pack directory. Have a look at the included pimpernel, shove it and gameboy boxxle level pack folder if you don't know what i mean. You can also customize the main menu colors by editing the colors.txt file using an editor that's capable of showing linux text files. If you don't have this just use notepad but only edit the numbers. The numbers are saved in RGBA format Red, Green, Blue values and the A is for alpha which is a value between 0 and 255, 0 will hide the menu completely whereas 255 will show it without transparency. test it out with a value of for example 100 to see the effects. once your level pack is finished you can just zip your level pack directory and release it to the public. They will then have to unzip your level pack in the levelpacks directory and it will be shown inside the game. It's as simple as that !
Deleting a low number level (for example 5) in a big level pack (say 100 levels) will take some time because all other levels have to be renamed and there's no way to speed this up just be patient.
Sokoban GP2X Is created by
Willems Davy Aka Joyrider
Willems Soft 2006
Music is taken from http://www.mirsoft.info/gmb
Music Composers: Barry Leitch, David Whittaker, Brian Johnston, Raymond Usher.
SokHard and SokEvo Levels are created by Lee Haywood.
Gameboy Boxxle Levels are taken from GP-YASC DR4 Created by Tommy Widenflycht Microcosmos, Minicosmos, Nabokosmos, Picokosmos, Polycosmos Levels are created by Aymeric du Peloux
Lomas Levels are created by different Authors here's the list :
Aymeric du Peloux, François Marques, David Skinner, Sven Egevad, Victor Kindermans Michael Steins, Frantisek Pokorny, Arpad Fekete, Roger Delaporte
More info about the Lomas Level pack can be found on Aymeric du Peloux's site :
Pimpernel levels are taken from http://www.pimpernel.com/sokoban/game.html
shove it level pack is created by Whiskthecat - email@example.com
Sever Sokoban Levels are created by Erim Sever from turkey
- Fixed bug in the level unlocking mechanism, Current state wasn't correctly loaded
- Added center level feature in the level editor
- Added microcosmos, minicosmos, nabokosmos, picokosmos, polycosmos, lomas, gameboy boxxle (1+2),
sokevo and sokhard level packs ... 680 new levels !
- Changed level finding function, finds the total amount of levels much faster now